We loved this deal too, but it's no longer available. Check out our other awesome deals here.
Experience an on-the-ice encounter like no other, as you get suited up in snow gear and venture into the world's largest sub-Antarctic penguin colony display with Penguin Discovery!
For the first time ever in New Zealand, Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium is giving visitors the opportunity to experience an intimate on-the-ice encounter with their amazing penguins.
Penguin Discovery is the aquarium's newest interactive experience and allows visitors to enter the snow-filled penguin enclosure giving them the opportunity to get up close and personal with the magnificent King and playful Gentoo Penguins.
- Intimate on-the-ice encounter with King and Gentoo penguins in their snow-filled enclosure
- Behind the scenes tour of the penguin enclosure
- Experience the main ‘back of house’ areas to see how everything works, with a chance to feed the fish, discover the animal quarantine area, dive tanks and more
- On-site facilities including parking, retail store, refreshment kiosk and bathrooms
$199 per person (adult or child – participants must be aged 14 years or over)
Approximately 1.5 hours
Runs daily at 10:00AM
- Maximum group number: four participants
- You will be asked to complete a Penguin Discovery Declaration Form on arrival. This will include the following:
- Have you been in contact with birds in the last 24 hours?
- Have you suffered from Flu/Cold/Gastro/Respiration infection in the last 48 hours?
- Do you understand that no jewellery, watches, mobile phone or cameras can be taken on the tour?
- Free shuttle service available from downtown (departs from 172 Quay St, opposite the downtown ferry terminal) runs hourly on the half hour from 9:30AM to 3:30PM (please note, after the 3:30PM pick up there are no return drop-offs to downtown)
Business in trade